Sunday, January 27, 2019 marks the beginning of National Catholic Schools Week. National Catholic Schools Week is the annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. This year it begins January 27 and runs through February 2. The theme for National Catholic Schools Week 2019 is “Catholic Schools: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.” SEES will observe the annual celebration week with Masses, an Open House, and other activities for students, families, parishioners and community members. Through these events, we will focus on the value Catholic education provides to young people and its contributions to our church, our communities and our nation. We encourage parents, grandparents, parishioners, prospective families, visitors, and community members to join us and experience first-hand the benefits of students learning, playing, praying and living out their faith here at SEES. Below is a list of events for each day.
Sunday, January 27 — CELEBRATING OUR PARISH
- Wear your SEES uniform to 11:15 Mass at St. Edward Church and earn a Tag Day Pass! Note: If your child attends Mass at another parish, please contact Abby McDonald at [email protected] for a Tag Day pass.
- Campus Open House 12pm-2pm. Parishioners, current families, and prospective families are welcome! Current students earn a 2nd Tag Day Pass for attending the Open House.
Monday, January 28 — CELEBRATING OUR COMMUNITY
- Rainbows for ASK $1.00 Tag Day. Dress in the color assigned to your grade level! Proceeds will help provide local, comprehensive support for children and their families who are impacted by cancer.
x Grade Color Pre-K Pink Kindergarten Red First Orange Second Yellow Third Green Fourth Royal/Bright Blue Fifth Purple Sixth White Seventh Gray/Silver Eighth Navy Blue
Tuesday, January 29 — CELEBRATING OUR VOCATIONS
- Wacky Sock Day (with uniform)
- Letters and Care Packages to our local clergy and seminarians. Please bring a bag of candy or other snack item to send with cards in care packages.
- Community Mass at 8:30am (Note time change)
Wednesday, January 30 — CELEBRATING OUR NATION
- Red, White & Blue $1.oo Tag Day to benefit Operation Healing Forces
Thursday, January 31 — CELEBRATING FAMILIES, FACULTY, STAFF & VOLUNTEERS
**1/31 update: Events for this day postponed due to school closing**
- Pajama Tag Day (no slippers please)
- “Thank You Thursday” for our Faculty and Staff
- Donuts with Epiphany
- Family Dinner Night. Please join us in the SEES Cafeteria from 5:30pm to 7pm for a community “cook out.” Please note: The online ordering period for dinner tickets has closed.
- State of the School Address 7-8pm. Childcare provided from 6:45pm until 8pm.
Friday, February 1 — CELEBRATING OUR STUDENTS
- $1 Spirit Wear Tag Day. Please bring in a new school supply of your choosing to benefit Church Hill Activities & Tutoring (CHAT)
- SEES Talent Show 12:45-2:30pm
- Last day of the SEES 100 for 100 campaign! Make your gift online today.
Visit the SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR in the SEES Media Center January 27-February 1. Check out our school’s personal Scholastic homepage and order online January 23-February 5.