St. Edward-Epiphany Catholic School Profile
Rooted in Catholic tradition, our mission is to develop compassionate, faith-based leaders who will become purpose-driven problem solvers and will positively impact and inspire the world around them.
Our students will cherish their relationship with God, nurture Catholic values in their communities, become purpose-driven problem solvers and positively impact the world around them.
Founded in September 1961, St. Edward-Epiphany Catholic School has provided a faith-based, quality education to children in Richmond and surrounding communities for more than 50 years. Rich with history, St. Edward-Epiphany School was recognized a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence in 2012.
St. Edward-Epiphany Catholic School serves children in Junior Kindergarten through Eighth grade with a total enrollment of around 480 students. There are many reasons both Catholic and non-Catholic children who attend SEES excel in high school and college:
- Core curriculum includes theology, morning prayer and weekly school Mass (most ministries staffed by students)
- Curriculum extends beyond traditional subjects to include fine arts, technology and foreign language
- High school credit courses offered in middle school (Algebra I, Geometry and Spanish I)
- Small School environment: two grades per classroom in all grades except Kindergarten which has three classrooms
- Safe, secure environment
- 100% of teachers have state of Virginia Teacher Certification
- 2012 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Adopted the Leader in Me program in 2013
- Leading in the use of technology- interactive projectors in every room, Google Chrome books, Google App for Education
- Extracurricular activities such as sports, band and afterschool enrichment programs
St. Edward-Epiphany School students are accepted at colleges and universities across the nation. Our students have been accepted and are graduates of universities such as Dartmouth, Villanova, the University of Virginia and many of the other top universities across the country.
St. Edward-Epiphany School keeps its commitments to parents who enroll their children as evidenced in parent feedback:
“We are very happy to be a part of SEES and are so grateful our child is a part of such a loving and supportive environment.…”
“We love SEES for its supportive learning environment, wonderful teachers, and strength of community. The teachers do a great job of providing the children with the tools to self-monitor their progress and having the children be accountable for their own work and progress as well.”
“We love the school and all that it stands for and are glad that we are part of the “family”. I couldn’t imagine my children going to school anywhere else!”