St. Edward-Epiphany Catholic School Profile
Founded in September 1961, St. Edward-Epiphany Catholic School has provided a faith-based, quality education to children in Richmond and surrounding communities for more than 50 years. Rich with history, St. Edward-Epiphany School was recognized a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence in 2012.
St. Edward-Epiphany Catholic School is AdvancED accredited and the Diocese of Richmond is AdvancED accredited as a school system.
AdvancED is the largest community of education professionals in the world. They are a non-profit, non-partisan organization that conducts rigorous, on-site external reviews of PreK-12 schools and school systems to ensure that all learners realize their full potential. While their expertise is grounded in more than a hundred years of work in school accreditation, AdvancED is far from a typical accrediting agency. Their goal isn’t to certify that schools are good enough. Rather, their commitment is to help schools improve.
Combining the knowledge and expertise of a research institute, the skills of a management consulting firm and the passion of a grassroots movement for educational change, AdvancED serves as a trusted partner to 34,000 schools and school systems—employing more than four million educators and enrolling more than 20 million students—across the United States and 70 other nations.
St. Edward-Epiphany Catholic School serves children in grades Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth grade with a total enrollment of around 480 students. There are many reasons both Catholic and non-Catholic children who attend SEES excel in high school and college:
- Core curriculum includes religion, morning prayer and weekly school Mass (most ministries staffed by students)
- Curriculum extends beyond traditional subjects to include fine arts, technology and foreign language
- High school credit courses offered in middle school (Algebra I, Geometry and Spanish I)
- Small School environment: two grades per classroom in all grades except Kindergarten which has three classrooms
- Safe, secure environment
- 100% of teachers have state of Virginia Teacher Certification
- 2012 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Adopted the Leader in Me program in 2013
- Leading in the use of technology- interactive projectors in every room, Google Chrome books, Google App for Education
- Extracurricular activities such as sports, chess club, LEGO League and others
St. Edward-Epiphany School students are accepted at colleges and universities across the nation. Our students have been accepted and are graduates of universities such as Dartmouth, Villanova, the University of Virginia and many of the other top universities across the country.
St. Edward-Epiphany School keeps its commitments to parents who enroll their children as evidenced in parent feedback:
“We are very happy to be a part of SEES and are so grateful our child is a part of such a loving and supportive environment.…”
“We love SEES for its supportive learning environment, wonderful teachers, and strength of community. The teachers do a great job of providing the children with the tools to self-monitor their progress and having the children be accountable for their own work and progress as well.”
“We love the school and all that it stands for and are glad that we are part of the “family”. I couldn’t imagine my children going to school anywhere else!”