This Sunday, January 29, 2017 marks the beginning of National Catholic Schools Week. National Catholic Schools Week is the annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. This year it begins January 29 and runs through February 4. The theme for National Catholic Schools Week 2016 is “Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service.” SEES will observe the annual celebration week with Masses, open houses and other activities for students, families, parishioners and community members. Through these events, we will focus on the value Catholic education provides to young people and its contributions to our church, our communities and our nation. Below please find a list of events for each day.
Sunday, January 29 – CELEBRATING OUR PARISHES AND CAMPUS OPEN HOUSE
Students who attend Mass at any of our regional parishes will receive a Tag Day pass. We will have students at some of the Masses at St. Edward the Confessor, St. Gabriel’s and Epiphany handing out passes. If a student attends Mass and doesn’t pick up a Tag Day pass, please have them contact Abby McDonald Monday morning.
We will have a campus Open House from 12:00pm until 2:00pm on Sunday, January 29. Current families, prospective families and parish members are welcome to come and tour our school and our classrooms. Students who stop by their classrooms will have the opportunity to earn a 2nd tag day pass.
Monday, January 30 – COLORS FOR A CAUSE TAG DAY
- This is a dollar Tag Day. Each grade has been assigned a color and a corresponding outreach. Students can bring any amount to support their outreach. Grade colors and their corresponding outreach are:
Faculty (Gray) – Camp PALS
Eighth Grade (White) – Richmond SPCA
Seventh Grade (Blue) – Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Sixth Grade (Red) – American Red Cross Richmond Chapter
Fifth Grade (Purple) – Alzheimer’s Disease
Fourth Grade (Yellow) – Greater Richmond Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN)
Third Grade (Orange) – ASK Childhood Cancer Foundation
Second Grade (Pink) – Legal Information Network for Cancer (LINC)
First Grade (Brown) – Habitat for Humanity, Richmond Metropolitan
Kindergarten (Navy) – Make a Wish Foundation Virginia
Pre-K (Green) – Comfort Zone Camp
Tuesday, January 31 – PEANUT BUTTER FOR COMMUNITY MASS AND ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE KID LETTERS
- Students are asked to bring a jar of peanut butter to Mass to benefit FeedMore. This will also be the day that students are given Absolutely Incredible Kid Letters. Please be sure to send in your letters NO LATER THAN Monday, January 30, so that teachers have time to organize them for distribution.
Wednesday, February 1 – CELEBRATING OUR NATION AND A MILLION THANKS CAMPAIGN
- This is a free Red, White and Blue tag day in celebration of our Great Country
- Students will be making cards for and writing letters to Million Thanks Campaign, which we will send to troops in a bulk mailing.
Thursday, February 2 – CELEBRATING OUR FAMILY AND VOLUNTEERS
- This is a free Pajama tag day (NO SLIPPERS)
- The Greek Festival Family Dinner night will be held from 5pm-7pm. Please click here to register.
Friday, February 3 – CELEBRATING OUR FACULTY AND VOLUNTEERS
- This is a free Spirit Wear Tag Day
- The SEES Talent Show will be held beginning at 1:00pm. Come see all the talent that our students have to share!
Saturday, February 4 – CELEBRATING FAMILIES
- Sweet Frog Family Day – 11415 Midlothian Tnpk., Richmond VA – Stop by during normal business hours for donuts or frozen yogurt. Be sure to let the cashier know that you are there for SEES. A percentage of the proceeds come directly back to the School.